Frederick Radiology offers high quality, low cost Ultrasounds in Frederick MD. Ultrasound can also be referred to as sonography. It uses sound waves to develop images of the internal organs. Ultrasound can be used for visualizing body structures including tendons, muscles, joints, internal organs and pregnancy. These real time images are reviewed by our Radiologist and a report is generated within 24 hours.
3D & 4D images are also available! Call for additional information.
Please see below for special instructions on specific ultrasound studies:
- BPP (Biophysical Profile) Ultrasound Exams: This exam determines the health of your fetus, checking movement, muscle tone, breathing rate, heart rate, and amniotic fluid. Drink or eat something sweet (sugar) an hour before the exam, unless otherwise stated by your doctor.
- Gallbladder and abdominal Ultrasound Exams: Do not drink or eat 6 hours before the study.
- Obstetrical Ultrasound Exams: Pregnancies 8 to 25 weeks please drink 16 ounces of water an hour before the exam, do not empty bladder until study is completed. Pregnancies 26 weeks or more, no special prep.
- Pelvic Ultrasound Exams Drink 32 ounces of water an hour before your exam, do not empty bladder until study is completed, no fasting required.
- Renal and Bladder Ultrasound Exams: Drink water, full bladder needed for study.